Our client is the regional distributor for the world’s leading manufacturers of sanitary fittings, kitchen, tiles, doors and other interior solutions. We excel in the provision of total bathroom solutions, creating unique and innovative bathroom themes for both the domestic and commercial markets.
The Financial Controller plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in setting the strategic direction for the organization, decision making and operations which includes developing and implementing the financial systems and processed required to support the financial growth and future of the organization.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Financial Controller is to direct and manage all financial aspects of the company strategy and provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating and managing the budget and planning functions to ensure sound financial management of the Black Pelican Group resources
- Preparing of the Group's Divisions monthly profit and loss accounts
- Ensuring high standards of financial control are maintained in the organization
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Overseeing the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry
- Coordinating the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports
- Developing and implementing finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures
- Interacting with other departmental heads to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
- Ensuring records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
- Developing and directing the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems
- Analyzing cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders
- Analyzing financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas
- Establishing and implementing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Preparing projections annually and update monthly with actual figures
The Job requires you to have
- Have a good bachelors degree in Finance, Accounts or Business Administration
- A Master’s Degree or MBA in Management related course
- Possession of a recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA)
- Minimum 14 years’ experience with 5 years in a managerial role preferably from Consumer Goods (FMCG/SMCG) or Telco
- Hands on experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent business presentation, persuasion, numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to identify key organizational issues
- Leadership Ability
Method of Application: Mail a CV detailed & exhaustive of your career and accomplishments in Finance to firstname.lastname@example.org. CV should please contain your current monthly net (assured cash elements only) and annual gross salary figures.