The vision of our client is to empower Africans through mobile services and products that promote economic growth, social change and enriched experiences. Intrinsic to this vision is defining and creating services for the Next Billion Internet users. This is
an opportunity to pioneer & monetize services impacting the daily lives of millions at the different levels of the Pyramid.
- As General Manager, this role is responsible for strategic sales and partnerships within both private and public sectors identifying new sales leads, pitching products and/or services to potential customers, maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers and ensuring profitability.
- The person will be an experienced and passionate professional, eager to work in an evolving and dynamic environment as to act as the General Manager for the VAS business in Nigeria.
- The GM will have the ability to demonstrate his/her confidence in managing various teams while developing also an outstanding relationship with all key stakeholders (mobile operators & strategically important large customers in Nigeria) as the main responsible individual for cross-selling the company’s portfolio.
- In close cooperation with the group CEO and the Executive Directors, this role will generate business sales across these different sectors and regions.
OVERVIEW: This role is best suited for an experience corporate sales professional (B2B & B2G)
PART 1: JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following responsibilities are applied in the defined scope:
Building the services portfolio
- Create business opportunities by identifying customer/consumer requirements; defining market, competitors’ share, competitors’ strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Create and implement a plan to create demand and achieve revenue results
- Create, install, and manage a complete revenue process from Suspect to Sale for each revenue stream.
- Monitor revenue pipelines of each revenue stream to determine in advance the level of risk to obtaining desired goals and what adjustments should ultimately be implemented to accelerate revenue.
- Manage the business pipeline and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success.
- Constantly evaluates new opportunities for growth through market research, interviews, networks, peers, competitive analysis, etc.
- Tracks competitive offerings and develops the counter offerings.
Service Sales & Marketing
- Deliver against set monthly targets and drive direct new business sales to deliver growth.
- Facilitate the growth of the business by establishing strategic plans for the future development of the business as well as to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external entities – such as government organizations, private organizations, coalitions, and business association unions – by networking, sharing information, and identifying areas of mutual interest to foster future interaction and strengthen the company position through a joint sphere of influence.
- Achieve sales and marketing operational objectives within the assigned projects by contributing sales and marketing information and recommendations to strategic plans; preparing and completing action plans; implementing customer service standards; establishing pricing strategies; monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand; identifying trends; implementing changes; completing audits.
- Meet sales and marketing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual sales and marketing strategy and budget, and continuously monitoring and reporting on its achievements on a weekly, monthly and annual basis; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Analyze and monitor critical government trends, proposed legislation and regulations and industry issues to provide a consistent and favorable business environment.
- Oversee all customer inquiries and ensure requests are appropriately responded to in a timely manner.
- Coordinate feasibility studies on proposed products in the assigned project; coordinate new product development within the assigned project.
- Prepare weekly sales and marketing reports for submission to the Group CEO and / or Group COO
PART 2: PERSON SPECIFICATION (EVALUATE YOURSELF)
- Minimum of 6 Years corporate sales experience. B2B or B2G ONLY. NOT B2C SALES EXPERIENCE!
- Proven records in Business Development and Organization Management
- Overall business management, pioneering spirit, sales focus and drive, analytical thinking, market expertise, networking & social skills, influencing, conflict resolution, solutions/value/experience sales.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Deal maker.
- Self-starter, comfortable working in a matrix organization and with virtual teams.
- Ability to build a team from scratch.
Professional & Process Skills
- University degree in technology, marketing and/or business.
- Broad understanding of marketing, service creation, mobile communication, internet services, media and entertainment industries, consumer electronics, experiences & solutions business.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and achieve sales numbers
- Knowledge about key customers and competitors.
- Understanding the client’s business goals (Value Added Services) and how to align activities to meet them.
NATURE OF THE ROLE
Impact on the business short and mid-term success
Full business ownership and responsibility to deliver the goals for the business.
Other Relevant Information
This role is in Lagos, Nigeria. Some travelling within Nigeria is anticipated as well as occasional travel outside Nigeria.
PART 3: REMUNERATION, INCENTIVES AND TARGETS
- Basic Annual Gross Salary: NGN 4.5 Million (based on quality of candidate)
- Entitled to 2.5% of generated company revenue.
- Salary increase after 6 months if the target for the first 6 months is met.
- Cumulative target for the first 3-months ramp up period is NGN 100 Million.
- Graduated increase over next 3 months is:
M4 - N70m;M5 - N85m;M6 - N100m
*PLEASE PERUSE PART 1, 2 AND 3 BEFORE CHOOSING TO APPLY.
**ONLY SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
Mail to email@example.com