Our Client is a pioneer outdoor advertising firm and an industry leader in Nigeria. The Company’s outdoor advertising includes advertising in airports, street furniture and bill boards. It operates through two segments: Transit and Road Side. They now have an opening for an experienced Internal Control and Audit Manager - LAgos.
Reports To: Group CEO
Manages and directs daily activities of Internal Control and Audit staff. Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues. Communicates identified issues to senior management of the company and its group of companies to ensure that any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
The Internal Control & Audit Manager is responsible for planning, directing and administering a comprehensive risk-based internal control & audit programs and planning and supervising complex financial, operational, compliance and internal control audits.
Key Performance Indicator
- Prepare and manage the implementation of the annual internal control & audit plan ensuring that proper priorities are established and maintained.
- Identify and schedule internal control & audit projects to ensure maximum utilization of resources and coordination among internal control and audit team.
- Manage audit assurance and projects to evaluate the adequacy of controls, recommend innovative and practical solutions to remedy unsatisfactory conditions, improve operations and reduce costs.
- Discuss preliminary internal control and audit findings with management, ensure they are addressed and presents final audit results to the responsible manager for mitigation of risks and appropriate cost reduction.
- Conduct special audit projects, investigation assignments, as requested by management.
- Review and approve draft and final control and audit reports from the internal and audit team to ensure conclusiveness and accuracy in content and format, timeliness and that objective are met and reports are adequately documented.
- Keep abreast of intermediary results from audits to ensure that the annual audit plan objectives are met, required work is adequately performed and documented, and professional standards are maintained.
- Provide guidance and act as a point of escalation to ensure assigned audit staff are led and supported properly to effectively discharge their duties.
- Summarize quarterly Internal Control & Audit reports to management, Board and the audit committee.
- To undertake such other responsibilities as required and commensurate with the grade and title of the job.
- Must possess Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
- Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk, control, and governance responsibilities.
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills in English.
- Microsoft Dynamics (Nav) ERP financial application experience is an advantage.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point and Access).
- Audit maintenance technique;
- Business intelligence;
- Results orientation;
- Planning and organizing;
- Developing and coaching others
- Cross-functional and collective working;
- Initiative and pro-activity;
- Customer focus.
- Good knowledge of auditing methodology, procedures and techniques,
- accounting and auditing standards.
- Diligent and Proactive
Education and Experience
- Internal control, auditing, financial - accounting knowledge, and basic activity-related legislation knowledge;
- Telecommunication industry knowledge;
- Certification obtained from Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria;
- Certification obtained from Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA);
- Certification obtained from Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Interested? If you meet the requirements apply for the position today, and you could soon be making an exciting step in your career!