Our client is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories with media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers. They currently have an opening for a Senior Marketing, Digital Media and Communications Manager to be based in Lagos.
Reports Into: The Senior Director of Marketing & Digital Media Africa and a dotted line into the Country Manager Nigeria.
Direct Reports: Local Brand, Marketing, Digital Managers & Coordinators
The purpose of the role is to assume responsibility for all marketing initiatives associated with our Brands and executing Communications activities in support of the business objectives in Africa, including internal communications and consumer publicity for properties, events and brands.
The Senior Marketing Manager aims to build the brand and businesses across the continent. This involves developing and implementing trade, affiliate and consumer marketing strategies to build brand awareness, drive ratings, and support distribution and advertising sales revenue targets.
The role works closely with Programming, Production, Digital and Sales teams, to use initiatives and assets to drive tune in and brand awareness by ensuring clients and consumers receive the best pre and post service in the industry. They will also be required to identify and install brand related partnerships that expand the footprint (awareness, engagement, commercial potential) and thus drive the business.
• Formulate Brands Marketing Strategies and Plans
• Manage and Lead the Marketing and digital team
• Manage the budget
• Bartering Deals – Ensuring we have barter deals in key markets and are used to their full potential
• Working with the Commercial, Programming and Marketing teams to successfully implementation events
• Create strong relationships with external promoters, media partners and sponsors in delivering events
• Creation and maintaining an up-to-date Marketing events calendar – working with all AM group on a regular basis
• Working on cross-functional marketing projects in conjunction with the sales and programming to make marketing revenue target
• Merchandise and Branding materials – creation and sourcing of merchandise / branding materials with in allocated budget
• Pan African Events – Responsibility for leveraging events on a local level and ensuring AM group are fully updated on all details
• Building relationships with the Pan-African teams and being first point of contact for the emerging markets group
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree with a postgraduate preferred in Marketing, Media, Communication and Marketing
Skills: Strategic and commercial development of market leading brands, in-depth understanding of advertising sales process including, planning and traffic, as well as extensive experience in commercial modelling
Management: Managing teams to measurable commercial success, encourage and support the production of exceptional creative content
Communication: Exceptional communication skills, the ability to adapt communication styles and high impact presentation skills
Travel: Willingness to travel throughout Africa and International markets
Relationships and Team Building: Ability to develop good working relationships internally and externally
Budgets and Reporting: Strong commercial acumen and budget management skills as well as ability to consolidate information to a succinct level
- Minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience in Brand or Project Management within a broadcasting / media company or digital / creative agency, ideally gained with an international brand.
- Solid eventing and media production experience.
- Strong affinity with Marketing through Digital/Social Media. Proficient Microsoft office skills.
Method Of Application
Suitable candidates should mail to firstname.lastname@example.org