Our client is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories with media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers. They currently have an opening for a Commercial Sales Manager
Reporting line: VP Commercial – Africa
The Commercial Sales Manager is required to design, develop and lead the commercial strategy, in market, to grow existing client accounts to maximise revenue and profitability to achieve targets and KPIs.
The role works closely with the VP Commercial Sales for Africa and the Country Manager in the development and implementation of commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth and bring revenue to the organisation.
The role also includes conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.) and understanding the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and influencer with strong leadership, coaching and training skills; is analytical and articulate; a team player with a professional demeanor, motivated by money, recognition and success, and enjoys being part of an enthusiastic, business-oriented and committed team. Must be driven and able to work with a sense of urgency, control the sales process and be able to learn new industries quickly
Commercial Sales Strategy & Plans
- Work with the Commercial Sales VP and Country Manager to Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
People Leadership and Performance Management
- Lead, managing, coaching, and develop the Ad Sales and Sponsorship Sales teams ensuring they maintain company KPI’s and achieve sales goals
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Oversees discussions and sales with sponsors and agencies and negotiates agreements with potential clients and existing clients
- Leads the development of sales materials including media kits/decks
- Understand the requirements of customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
Adverting Sales and Sponsorship Sales
- Find sponsors and advertisers for the company's channels/brands
- Manage the sale of sponsorship opportunities across a wide array of industries and events and also maximise rights for sponsorship which involves everything from branding and advertising to new media and internal communication
- Solicit businesses and other organisations to sponsor brands
- Creating and executing marketing and sales plans
- Create sponsorship proposals for prospects
- Arrange meetings with interested sponsor prospects
- Design and coordinate advertising materials and events for sponsors
- Sell sponsorship
- Negotiate sponsorships and review all deals
- Secure approval for any departures from pre-approved rights and benefits
- Excellent written and verbal command of English
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with a postgraduate preferred.
- Minimum 8 years in media and broadcasting sponsorship sales leadership / commercial role
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind-set
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Must have managed and coached teams for high performance
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills along with a strong, persuasive personality (must be able to communicate and hold a conversation with decision makers)
- Research and Lead Generation.
- Solid negotiating skills.
- Need to be professional, friendly, organised, energetic and determined in attempting to land sponsors.
- High-level experience in sourcing new sponsors, Servicing existing sponsors and developing other revenue streams
- Ability to build a rapport with partners quickly
- In-depth understanding of the sponsorship industry
- Works well under pressure.
- Computer Literacy Skills - MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Digital Media skills – Good understanding of social media trends and that he/she is constantly updated on digital media.
- Must be proactive, show innovation and think outside the box.
- Must have a car and a valid driver’s license
Method Of Application
Using CVs that match the Job Description, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org