Our client is a luxury 5-star hotel located in Kano, with over 18 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in Nigeria. They currently have an opening for a Food and Beverage Manager to be based in Kano.
We are looking for a professional food and beverage manager to be responsible for managing all F&B operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will be able to forecast, plan and manage all F&B orders, staff and finance. The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
•Managing all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
•Preserving excellent levels of internal and external customer service
•Designing exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements
•Identifying customers’ needs and respond proactively to all their concerns
•Leading F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel
•Establishing targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures
•Providing a two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
•Complying with all health and safety regulations
•Reporting to the management regarding sales results and productivity.
•Fully compliant on Micros systems and all staff fully trained
•Ongoing training with all staff in the F&B department
•All Micros cash up, void reporting is done daily in compliance to Hotel standards and policies procedures
•Working with the accounts department and participating in all Food, Beverage and operating stock takes
•Monthly summary report with all financials in all departments of F&B
•Performing such other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
• Must have 4 – 5 years Proven food and beverage management experience
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
• Must be very presentable with excellent communication skills.
• Must be willing to work within Kano
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
• Communication and leadership skills
• Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
• Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
• Guest-oriented and service-minded
• Culinary school diploma or degree in food service management or related field