Our client is a luxury 5-star hotel located in Kano, with over 18 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in Nigeria. They currently have an opening for a Pastry Chef to be based in Kano.
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving.
The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele.
• Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
• Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
• Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
• Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
• Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
• Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
• Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
• Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
• Proven 3-4 years 4-5 Star Hotel relevant work experience as Pastry Chef, baker is a MUST
• Great attention to detail and creativity
• MUST be proficient in the use of Opera and Micros
• Must be very presentable with excellent communication skills.
• Must be willing to work within Kano.
• Organizing and leadership skills
• Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
• Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
• Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field