Massive Recruitment: Bilingual Technical Officers - Niger Republic
Job Title: Bilingual Technical Officer (French/English)
Program: Disease Surveillance
Reports to: Project Manager
Our Client is a multi-national NGO with a focus to develop people centric and data driven technology solutions that connect and deliver better public health services for vulnerable communities. The Technical Officer will oversee and organize the field technical aspects and activities of the project. She/he will provide strategic guidance on platforms and tools, oversight on the technical operations related to configuration and deployment of equipment and software, and input on technical training strategy to ensure good data quality as well as follow up with Informants on daily basis to resolve technical issues encountered by the Informants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
● Provides quality service support by completing support requests and taking prompt and necessary action to resolve and/or escalate identified software and hardware, computer, tablets and mobile phones network or system issues to ensure that the requirements are met.
● Coordinates the deployment of managed hardware devices with Informants and internal stakeholders.
● Provides technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues of mobile phones, tablets and computers. Installs, maintains, configures and troubleshoot telecommunication infrastructure, including VOIP phones.
● Provides full support in all project related technical applications and maintaining documentation on technical related activities for the entire project
● Work closely with HelpDesk agents to document technical issues and provide solutions to solving them during implementation
● Provides direction and guidance to process improvements.
● Provide simple troubleshooting steps to the Informants and or stakeholders
● Coordinates resources where necessary and serve as escalation point to the team and field give field support.
● Performs offsite technical implementation, installation and configuration of hardware and software when required.
● Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues.
● To immediately respond to informants with reported technical issues
● To supervise trained informants in carrying out their regular AFP case search
● To ensure every reported technical issue is solved in a timely manner
● Day to day admin and monitoring of network use.
● Attends and participates in all project related trainings
● Performs any other duties assigned by management.
● May frequently travel between company worksites.
● May work attend to calls and or resolve issues on weekends
● Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
● Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
● Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
● Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
● Is consistently at work and on time & adheres to Policies and Procedures.
● Adheres to The Company Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
● Minimum of Two (2) years relevant experience preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies, tools, and applications related to job Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
● Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
● Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
Certifications and Licenses
Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate proficiency working with specialized software utilized in program.
English is the spoken and written language. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
CLICK THROUGH THIS LINK TO APPLY