Job Vacancy Alert: Network Administrator, Lagos (IT/HighTech)
Our client is a one stop shop for enterprise software, hardware and services; from procurement through integration, operation and management. They now have an opening for a NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
The IT Network Administrator will select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team, he/she will also liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Reports to the IT Manager
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Basic understanding network service.
- Network Documentation skills
- Basic understanding of Voice over IP technology
- Hands-on experience in Enterprise wireless implementation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows server operating system
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of IT security skills in Encryption, Endpoint protection, Email protection
- Basic knowledge of MS- Exchange.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- 1 - 2 years Network Administration/Database experience is a MUST
- Minimum HND/BSc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- Certification in Routing & Switching is a plus
- Hands-on knowledge of router/switches and firewall.
- Hands-on experience in Routing protocol
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv4 and CIDR
- Knowledge of and experience with software development languages and backup systems
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
Method Of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should mail using updated CV to email@example.com and state in a cover note what precisely makes you fit for the role.