Job Vacancy Alert: Inventory Manager, Lagos (Retail/FMCG/SMCG)
Our client is the regional distributor for the world's leading manufacturers of office and home fittings in Nigeria. Due to expansion, they now have an opening for an Inventory Manager to be based in Lagos.
Manage the receipt, storage, issuance and control of various items of the organization's inventory in line with standards that reduce stock holding costs.
- Direct and manage the handling (offloading, unpacking/packaging and stacking) and transportation of items in stock in and out of the warehouses.
- Responsible for the management of the warehouse, in line with organization’s policies.
- Ensure correct and timely valuation of the inventory and input inventory information in stock records/documentation (e.g. Excel spreadsheets, Goods Received Notes etc)
- Conduct periodic stock counts and extensive stock taking exercises in line with provisions of the corporate inventory Management Policies, processes and Procedure.
- Prepare/Generate (daily, weekly or monthly) inventory reports, highlighting inventory movement and stock levels.
- Responsible for close monitoring of the re-order level for all categories of the company's products.
- Security and safety of products as well as the maintenance of all inventory records and documentation.
- B.Sc in a related discipline. Additional certifications is a plus.
- 2 - 4 years supply chain experience preferably in warehousing
- Relevant experience from Retail/FMCG/SMCG is an advantage
- Warehouse or Inventory management experience is a MUST
- Document & Records Management Skill
- Planning & Organizing effectiveness
- Financial Systems Savvy
- Proficient in the use of Excel and numerate software
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS