Job Vacancy Alert: General Manager – Finance and Operations
Role: General Manager – Finance and Operations to be based in Abuja.
- The GM is responsible for overseeing and directing the organization’s financial goals, development of a financial and operational strategy, risk management operations of the company, preparation of all management reports, cost analysis, budgets and forecasts.
- He/she will work to ensure effective and timely flow of financial information for Management decision making to the Board of Directors and where necessary, external parties such as investors, regulators and tax offices.
- The successful candidate must have a proven track record in Financial Planning and Reporting and will be responsible for providing effective and efficient financial advice and support to the organization.
- Oversees the Financial Control unit and the entire Finance department inclusive of accounting, business performance, legal, tax, and treasury departments.
- Play an integral part in formulating strategy, challenging and assessing strategy, monitoring for risks, investment, rates of return and assessing the competitive landscape.
- Evaluate and advise department heads on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new projects/strategies for the business.
- Prepares and maintains regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast and cash flow forecast.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, management reports and KPI s analysis to assist the Board and other senior executives in strategic decision making.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical and strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
- Enhance and improve the existing cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Monitor costs and credit control for the Group.
- Oversee all projects of finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, Audit, Tax and corporate Insurance for the institution.
- Assist in the external audit and tax processes when required.
- Liaising with third parties including auditors and tax consultant.
- Provides direction and supervision for all the team leads including skill and competency development, so that each team member is continually growing into higher responsibility in the organization.
- Organizes and coordinates appropriate specialized training for Finance Operations Group staff with the aim of improving their skills to efficiently support the operation of the company and delivery of efficient service to customers.
- Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company.
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board.
- Assuming full accountability to the board for all company operations.
- Serves as a member of executive leadership team in ensuring business decisions taken are grounded in sound financial criteria.
- Participates in key decision making pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
- Represents the organization’s progress on strategic goals to external stakeholders.
- 7 years minimal broad finance experience.
- 5 years in a senior finance role especially in the fields of financial analysis, financial control, management reporting, financial planning, performance management and computerized accounting.
- Proven experience dealing with the CBN, SEC, NDIC and NSE is a MUST.
- MBA/CPA/Masters in Finance/Accounting/Economics.
- Experience in cost control, budgeting, variance analysis, KPI reporting and demonstration of long term strategic planning are essential.
- MUST be a Chartered Accountant (ICAN/ACA/ACCA). FCA/FCCA is an added advantage.
- Thorough understanding of project finance, budgeting, cash allocations and detailed financial planning and reconciliations.
- Evidence of achievement in a finance role, including evidence of innovative use of risk management techniques to assist in the delivery of business objectives.
- Assertive, strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to proactively forge and maintain effective working relationships with staff and management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to appropriately convey information to staff, management and others. Effective presentation skills are also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability in taking on initiative and in being self-directed.