Our client is a private multi-specialist Hospital and a reputable health care facility located in Lagos state. A full-fledged modern hospital that provides high-quality clinical services and also provides general health care services, 24 hour pharmacy services, diagnostic services and training to doctors. It is well equipped with state of art equipment and the objective is to become a world-class hospital. They now have an opening for the position of a Nursing Sister.
The Nursing Sister is responsible to the Chief Matron or the total care of patients in the wards and supervision of the student nurses. She would also be assisted by assistant Nursing Sister. The main aim of the Nursing Sister should be to foster team spirit in her area of work as a team leader.
NURSING CARE OF PATIENTS:
- Assess the total needs of patients and prepare plan of nursing care.
- Admission and discharge of patients.
- Demonstrate and carry out efficient nursing care, taking care of personal comfort , administration of drugs and treatment, observation and recording of vital parameters.
- Supervise patients diet.
- Attending rounds with Medical/Nursing personnel.
- Assist Medical staff in examination of patients and treatment.
- Participate and help with clinical investigations/procedures.
- Demonstrate and carry out preoperative and post-operative care of patients.
- Maintenance of patient’s records.
- Care of patient’s personal effects in accordance with hospital rules.
- Giving and receiving reports.
- Follow prescribed rules in case of accident or death of a patient.
- Give information and health education to patients and their attendants.
- Supervision of any emergency or unusual occurrence in the ward.
- Handing over and takeover charge of patients at the end of the shift.
- Assignment of work to assistant nursing sister and domestic staff.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate work of other staff, e.g. physical therapist, social worker, dietitian, voluntary worker etc.
- Maintaining good inter personal relationship among all categories of staff and with patients and their relatives.
- Maintain cleanliness of ward, its annexes and environments.
- Proper upkeep and repairs of linen and ward equipment.
- Make indents for drugs, surgical supplies, stores and issue.
- Keep custody of dangerous drugs and record of their administration.
- Daily check of emergency drugs and life savings equipment.
- Maintenance of stock registers, inventories.
- Investigate complaints if any.
- Must be a registered Nurse (double qualification).
- Minimum of 8 years post-registration experience.
- Must have worked or currently working in a private hospital.
- Have sound knowledge of changing trends within health and social care.
- Be conversant with current professional issues in relation to nursing.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Ability to effectively manage an operational team to ensure positive outcomes for patients/clients.
- Have effective communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.