Our client is seeking an Upper Quartile candidate to take on a Mid-Level Finance Manager role with their exciting new E-Commerce Business launch. The E-Commerce Startup was founded by proven eCommerce entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Job Title: Finance Manager
- Manage the Finance Department, develop and implement a contemporary cost effective accounting system that will meet the challenges and objectives of the company
- Co-ordinate the budget preparation, monitoring and control process, in line with agreed policies and procedures
- Participate in business strategic planning process
- Develop, review and circulate annual business planning guidelines/ assumptions to all departments
- Define and communicate corporate accounting guidelines, including chart of accounts, periodic closing schedules as well as reporting requirements
- Assist business units within the company to maximise profit and minimise costs.
- Ensure required financial reports are provided to relevant units within the business on a timely basis.
- Monitor organisational cash flow and liquidity to ensure the availability of funds required to finance daily operations, business plans and budgets.
- Develop/update the management information report framework and templates, including defining the model for data and information gathering across the Group
- Develop, review and update monthly, quarterly and yearly financial forecasts and ratio analysis
- Ensure accuracy of financial records and compliance with best practices in financial management and reporting
- Prepare, analyse and review key management reports
- Coordinate the periodic review of costs/ expenditure, identify and implement cost saving measures.
- Plan, co-ordinate and control the financial analysis and evaluation of projects to provide relevant information for management decision making
- Ensure all CAPEX and OPEX purchases are within budget, board approval and manual of authority
- Coordinate the computation and filling of tax returns for all Federal, State and local taxes including related reports to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulation.
- Ensure ample and proper documentation of all tax returns, support receipts and certification.
- Provide accounting support and guidance to all departments within the organisation
- Developing Procedural SLA's for the finance Dept. and maintain SLA's with other Departments.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO/Board of Directors
- Note: this is a Start-Up environment and this role requires strong entrepreneurial mentality
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of accounting concepts, principles and practices regarding budgeting and management reporting
- Strong skills and demonstrated capability to anticipate issues of strategic importance and lead/ utilise available resources to develop effective solutions
- Highly detail oriented
- If you are looking for a typical 8-5 job, this role is NOT for you…There will be some long days
- A good university degree (plus an MBA degree is a clear advantage)
- Professional accounting qualification (i.e., ACA, ACCA or Equivalent)
- At least 3-4 years’ experience within Consulting, Assurance, Accounting and General Finance
- Experience in big 4 accounting firm a clear advantage
Please do NOT apply if you do not meet the key requirements above