Head of Human Resources - Hospitality
Our client is one of the world’s largest provider of in-flight services. These include catering, onboard retail, in-flight equipment and logistics, consulting and lounge services. The company’s extensive know-how in culinary excellence and logistics has led to its successful entry in adjacent markets, such as train services and retail. They now have an opening for Head of Human Resources for Nigeria/West Africa Hub to be based in Lagos.
This is a senior role and this person reports directly to the General Manager of the new facility in Lagos, which will open in August 2016, and will be part of the local Management Team. He / she will be responsible for the set-up of the new HR Team and definition of all HR responsibilities, and for the recruiting of the whole staff for the new facility.
- Manpower planning and set-up of job descriptions in alignment with the company’s standards
- Recruitment of qualified candidates on all levels from all available sources e.g. external recruitment agencies
- Selection, placement, induction, onboarding and training & development of the new staff
- Set-up of work contracts incl. compensation structure, rewards, benefits, retirement benefits, medical and health care
- Employee relations, grievances and disciplinary actions
- Employees’ entry permits, residence visa & renewals, visa cancellation etc.
- Provision attractive incentives and salary packages, rewards and benefits to ensure retention of competent employees
- Set-up of HR policies in alignment with the company’s standards
- Planning and controlling of the company staff transportation
- Arrangement of accommodation for eligible management staff
- Maintain a good relationship with government departments & other private companies
- Organization and management of all Human Resources records consonant with good business practice
- Ensuring that the Company is in compliance with all federal labour law, e.g. working hours, wages, leave sickness, final settlements etc.
- Development of subordinates
- Graduate level with at least 5 years’ experience in a Human Resources department at management level
- Multinational experience desirable
- Leadership experience
- Hospitality background desirable
- Fluent in English
- Effective communications skills
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office
- Excellent knowledge of local labour & immigration law