BBM Channel: C0048737B LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesazode Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/charlyazods
Our client is a fast growing Software group which has successfully created high growth technology companies in different sectors. The group focuses on delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. Due to expansion, they now have an opening for Financial Controller
To oversee all project finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, Audit, Tax, corporate Insurance and investor related functions with the company and all its Entities; advises and assists the CFOO and management team in meeting or exceeding the overall financial and strategic objectives of the Company.
- Ensure all monthly, mid-year and annual reports are prepared and presented to CEO and CFOO as at when due
- Manage all bank relationships and ensure at all points relationships are healthy and well groomed.
- Work with group CFOO and CEO in preparing group’s financial goals, group budget and forecasts
- Supervise the Project finance team in preparation of project budget, project funds allocations, expenses and entity cash flow statements; procurement processes
- Supervise the accounting team in ensuring all expected reports are submitted as when due and that all payments are made swiftly and appropriate vendors managed
- Oversee all purchasing/refunds/Out of station allowances and payroll activity for staff.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the Group and all its Entities
- Monitor banking activities/reconciliation for the group and all its Entities
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the Groups and its Entities’ needs
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place
- Ensure company complies with all Federal laws on Tax and Audit processes and policies
- Minimum 5 Years of accounting and finance progressive experience with the day-to-day financial operations of a company with group structure
- An accounting, banking and finance or any finance related bachelor’s degree from any reputable Institution
- Any finance/accounting related certifications – CFA (Preferred), ICAN, ACCA
- Work Experience with a tech company, multinational or Big 4/5 is a plus
- MBA( Master in Business Administration)
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software – ERP
- Thorough understanding of project finance, accounting, budgeting, bank reconciliations, budgets, cash allocations and detailed financial planning and reconciliations
- Experience managing multiple portfolios
- Honest, straightforward and dependable
- Strict and compliance driven
- Passionate, Strategic, breathes Ownership
- Excellent stakeholder management and relational skills
- Highly Intelligent with excellent analytical skills
- Interpersonal relational skills, highly diplomatic and yet results-focused.
- Has tolerance for ambiguity, and at the same time has the intellectual swiftness and map plans out.
DO NOT APPLY if you DO NOT meet the requirements