STILL HIRING! - Chief Operating Officer
BBM Channel: C0048737B LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesazode Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/charlyazods
Our client is major player in the assemblage and sales of Tractors, Trailers and Trucks for emerging Agro and Agro-Allied industries in Nigeria and across Africa. The group has a vision to ensure every farmer has access to mechanization tools. Due to expansion, they now have an opening for a Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- To provide leadership and direction for all business operations and to facilitate the achievement of established financial and business targets
- Reports To: Group Managing Director
- Plans and direct the activities of the organisation to achieve stated goals and standards for financial and business performance
- Discusses the approved business strategies and budgets with the management team and maps put plans for each unit that would ensure the achievement of business targets
- Reviews quotations from vendors and selects appropriate vendors for prompt delivery of services
- Establishes and maintains liaison with government bodies, private firms, or subject matter experts to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, codes and production standards
- Works with other professionals within and outside the engineering field to implement operating procedures, resolves malfunctions, and provides technical information.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of quality management during the assembly process to make recommendations for improvements where necessary
- Ensures compliance with all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, work instructions and client’s requirements in the production process
- Reviews and reports regularly to the Director, Group subsidiaries on the performance of products, achieved business goals, and future development plans of the company
- Investigates mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems, and liaises with suppliers to handle supply chain issues
- Reviews and approves designs, calculations and cost estimates
- Takes responsibility for individual projects, manages associated budgets, production schedules and resources, and supervises quality control
- Guides and monitors compliance with relevant company policies, procedures and regulatory provisions.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Automobile, Agriculture or Power Generation with 3-5 years in a senior management position.
- Proven expertise in strategic planning
- First degree in a related Engineering discipline
- Master’s degree is required (MBA preferred)
- Relevant professional engineering qualification e.g. COREN
- Project Management experience
- Problem solving
- Innovative and a creative thinker
- Commercial awareness
- Customer relationship management
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Interpersonal/communication skills