SPREAD THE WORD! - Head of Financial Planning and Reporting
BBM Channel: C0048737B LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesazode Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/charlyazods
Our client is a fast growing Software group which has successfully created high growth technology companies in different sectors. The group focuses on delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. Due to expansion, they now have an opening for Head of Financial Planning and Reporting
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Head of Financial Planning and Reporting will be responsible for coordination of all Audits and Statutory evaluations for the organization. He/She will evaluate the company’s financial performance and funds creating a system of credible financial intelligence for the organization collaborating actively with all relevant parties, internal and external, to ensure the effective delivery of required results.
- Prepare and circulate financial reports (periodic and ad-hoc), in compliance with relevant standards, as may be required (Cost and Revenue treatments and recognition, Provisions, etc.)
- Track the company’s financial performance as well as prepare and circulate weekly flash reports for management purpose
- Create and maintain a robust Cash-Flow Management System, with an adequate alarm system
- Flag and escalate all incidents of derailing financial performance, with clear facts and statistics, as soon as they arise.
- Carries out all relevant reviews, analysis, interpretation and dimensioning of financial date to generate relevant insights and information for management
- Recommend appropriate financing structure through a proper analysis of the market and all available instruments and options.
- Develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
- Drive the company’s budgeting and financial modelling process, validating and full-proofing all assumptions and estimations.
- Prepare the required variance analysis, periodic and ad-hoc
- Responsible for the correctness and completeness of the company’s payroll computation, ensuring the most optimal payroll structure at all times
- Drive the monthly month-end closure process and procedure
- Ensure the filing of all relevant reports and payments in strict compliance with relevant laws, standard and regulations (Taxes, Insurance, etc.)
- Ensure that all required regulatory requirements are complied with, including but not limited to Insurance, Hedging instruments, among others
- Ensure that all Bank Accounts are duly reconciled on a daily/weekly basis and that all reconciling items are cleared promptly
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as the Inland Revenue
- Any other task that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Banking and/or Finance or related discipline from any reputable institution
- Accounting/Finance related certifications ACCA, ICAN, CFA, CPA
- 5-7 years of general ledger accounting related experience
- Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
- ERP experience (SAP, Oracle or other) will be an added advantage
- Strong collections and contract administration experience
- Experience in a conglomerate or group setting; private equity or venture capital and in 1 or more of FinTech, financial services, payments or technology industries is an advantage
Please DO NOT APPLY if you DO NOT meet the requirements