BBM Channel: C0048737B LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesazode Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/charlyazods
Our client is one of the largest Insurance Companies in Nigeria. Due to recent expansion, they now have an opening for a Group Head, Audit and Control to be based in Lagos, Nigeria
- Coordinate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual audit and reconciliation activities of the Group
- Provide overall direction and leadership for the Group.
- Coordinate all enterprise-wide risk management activities of the company and ensure it is of the highest quality.
- Preparation of annual audit and control plan.
- Vetting of audit steps and programs of the Group’s Unit heads
- Review and sign-off of periodic audit reports
- Attendance of meeting of the Board Audit Committee
- Assist all external auditors in getting the company audited periodically.
- Ensure the company’s ERM capabilities are audited periodically.
- Review of existing process and procedure for improvements
- Monitors the control culture and environment of the Company
- Monitors compliance with Corporate Governance
- Provide coaching for direct reports i.e. all Unit Heads in the Group
- Participate in and contribute to management meetings with a view to sharing experience for the benefits of robust decision making and knowledge impartation
- Positively represent the company in the public by being a thought leader in the industry
- Any other responsibilities that might be required by the Group Managing Director from time to time.
Profile / Experience
- Minimum of 15 years work experience
- Experience in an Audit firm
- Must have managed a team
- High level of detail
- Excellent Analytical skills
- High level of Maturity
- Good presentation and negotiation skills