SPREAD THE WORD! - General Manager/CEO
BBM Channel: C0048737B LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesazode Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/charlyazods
Our client is a proudly Nigerian industrial conglomerate with diversified interests in the Nigerian economy. The group has focused its energy on building a value-driven, consumer-focused and socially responsible organization known for delivering unparalleled services to Nigeria and its people. They are now looking for a General Manager/CEO for their Cooking Oil Manufacturing Business
Position: General Manager/CEO
The General Manager/Chief Executive shall be expected to provide day to day direction to the organisation and shall be responsible for the performance of the company . He will be reporting to the Board of Directors and his responsibilities shall include:
- Formulating and successfully implementing company policy;
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company;
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board;
- Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the Group Chairman/Supervising Director of the company;
- Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems;
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees;
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Ensuring the operational performance of the company;
- Assuming full accountability to the board for all company operations;
- Representing the company to major customers and professional associations;
- Develop and maintaining an effective executive team.
- Operate a profitable, well managed and well run business with good manufacturing practice (GMP)
- Develop a robust market and marketing strategy to absorb the current product capacity and the projected increases.
- Pursue a plan to expand production and sales from 200mt/day to 1000mt/day within 3 years.
- Pursue and obtain ISO Certifications
- Run the refinery efficiently using Good Manufacturing Practice
- Select and develop a competent and capable management team to deliver on the business strategic plan and the Group Strategic Businesses.
- In addition to providing leadership for the local Executive Leadership Team, he will be required to work collaboratively with the broader Executive Team and key management within the Group
- Should hold a first degree and an MBA or a Masters in a relevant discipline; minimum of 18 years total working experience with at least 7 years in the manufacturing outfit.
- At least 7 years’ experience at senior level within Food and Beverage industry.
- Highly motivated, results driven, with a passion for business, skilled at communicating a clear vision for growth and can capitalise and sustain the momentum that is being created within the organization.
- Highly skilled business leader who will improve focus and profitably grow share within a very competitive market. He should also be able to demonstrate proven experience of managing operations at a senior management/director level within the engineering, FMCG, and/or manufacturing industries for at least 5-10 years.
- The preferred candidate must be hungry for success in this capacity.
- An official vehicle
- Housing Supplement
- Club Membership
- Two Economy class return tickets
- Leave Allowance