BBM Channel: C0048737B LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesazode Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/charlyazods
Our client is a leading Nigerian radio station based in PortHarcourt covering over 8 Million People. They are a leader in news and sports, producing original audio content, live events and exclusive programming. Due to expansion, the company now seeks a recruit a Radio Station Manager. This role is based in PortHarcourt, Nigeria
- The successful person will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the station including managing the various departments, scheduling on and off air staff, dealing with promotions and other advertising issues
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the station including managing the various departments, scheduling on and off air staff, dealing with promotions and other advertising issues
- Ensure that the station follows regulations and guidelines
- Troubleshoot problems in the operation of the station or contracts with other agencies to provide repair or replacement of faulty, damaged or old equipment as needed.
- Plans, designs, establishes, and maintains organizational structures and systems that enable community volunteer staff members to effectively accomplish the organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Assigns, allocates work, and generally oversees volunteer personnel engaged in continuous station operations; performs recruitment, training, scheduling, retention, problem resolution, and performance management.
- Coordinates departmental workshops, special projects, and events; may serve on unit committees and task forces.
- Develops and implements systems to maintain records on station operations, volunteers, equipment, and compliance activities; prepares regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Provides advice and assistance to senior station management in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of modification to existing operations, systems, and procedures.
- Researches and makes recommendations to management pertaining to acquisition of operating equipment; participates in the development and management of annual operating budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Mass Communication or related field
- Minimum Five years’ experience in program management, acquisition and scheduling for radio or television
- Minimum two years’ supervisory experience
- Time management and skills and ability to work well under pressure