BBM Channel: C0048737B LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesazode Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/charlyazods
Our client is a manufacturing and leading distributor of electronics in West Africa with branches across Nigeria. They now have an opening for a Product Manager to be based in Lagos
- Identify, develop and execute product strategy based on company objectives, market characteristics and trends and profitability requirements
- Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape, business developments and market trends to identify opportunities and ensure product offering is properly positioned
- Identify new influential designs and meaningful product innovation to accentuate current portfolios.
- Identify and develop Brand extensions into parallel categories.
- Define and develop product positioning, messaging, feature specifications, unique selling proposition and pricing strategies
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver new, innovative products to market on time and on budget
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as return-on-investment and profit-loss projections
- Execute the development, design and production of packaging, literature, signage and marketing materials in accordance with branding strategies
- Develop and participate in presentations to internal and key strategic retail accounts
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business required; MBA a plus
- 4 -5 years or more of product development/brand experience in consumer durable goods industry experience required
- Demonstrated success managing and executing multiple product launch cycles, from idea generation to product delivery
- Keen eye for influential product design and innovation.
- An Entrepreneur with a flare and drive to produce uniqueness with features that matters across product portfolio
- Ability to understand consumer needs and marketplace trends and translate these into successful new product offerings and product improvements
- Experience developing new consumer products for market including definition of concepts, positioning, features, benefits and pricing
- Excellent understanding of business analytics to make informed business decisions
- Ability to effectively provide direction and problem solve in a timely manner
- Ability to juggle structure and lead complex projects, monitor progress against key milestones and deliver on time and on budget
- Direct experience in managing, guiding and placing accountability with overseas manufacturing partners.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to give public presentations
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).