BBM Channel: C0048737B LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesazode Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/charlyazods
Our client is a fast growing Software group which has successfully created high growth technology companies in different sectors. The group focuses on delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. They now have an opening for a Talent Acquisition Lead
The Successful candidate will be responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources, as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings.
- Create job descriptions.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post positions to appropriate internet sources;
- Improve the company website recruiting page to aid recruiting;
- Research new ways of using the internet for recruitment;
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Network through Industry Contacts, Associate Memberships, Trade Groups and Employees
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable ‘employer of choice’ reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly, to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Create contacts within industry.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
Coordinate and Implement University Recruiting Initiatives
- Coordinate university recruiting initiatives.
- Attend Career Fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Develop working relationships within universities to aid in recruiting.
- Give presentations at universities, attend student group meetings, and increase university awareness of the Company, before and after career fairs.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Assist in interviewing and selecting employees onsite.
- Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
- Perform other special projects, as assigned.
- Understanding of the functional breakdown of an organization at the executive level.
- 5+ years recruiting experience for individual, managerial and executive level positions.
- Ability to identify qualified candidates for various projects; contacting them through cold calling and capturing their interest.
- A proven track record of successfully sourcing hard-to-find candidates.
- Experience using staffing systems and tools, including relational database applicant tracking systems, the internet, job boards, and imagination.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including interviewing, selling, influencing, facilitating and presenting, negotiating, and collaborating.
- Strong project management skills, including planning for and tracking recruiting metrics.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in all sourcing methods, including using recruiting research, cold calling, warm calling, and internet recruiting.
- Business development skills and client relationships would be ideal, but are not required.
- High level of initiative; strong drive to succeed.
- Excellent organization skills, and ability to work independently on projects, as team lead and as team member.
- Excellent interpersonal, consulting, diplomacy, networking and conflict-resolution skills.
- Keen attention to details, and ability to work in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- Added Advantage
- Background in Human Resources or closely related field
- Experience within a high-tech/software company is mandatory