Our client provides market leading hotel management services through high value property design, innovative revenue generation tactics, aggressive revenue management strategies and keen operational oversight, providing an exceptional customer experience and delivering increased asset value to our partners. With a chain of boutique hotels, restaurants and spas, they are ever expanding and look to engage the services of an experienced Group Accountant (HoReCa) to oversee the affairs of the hospitality chain.
The Group Accountant would oversee all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures, ensuring that everything adheres to the hospitality chain policies and that all reports are completed on time utilizing the correct standards.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Experience working in a Boutique Hotel is most necessary.
- Minimum of 10 years accounting experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Hospitality.
- Working knowledge of OPERA / MICROS.
- A second degree/ MBA is an added advantage.
- Relevant professional accreditation & accounting institutional memberships.
- ERP Savvy.
- Working knowledge of accounting standards.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of business and office matters.
- Experience in developing accounting systems, processes, policies and procedures are essential.
Only suitable applications will be contacted.
Method Of Application: CVs detailed to suit the role of Hotels Accountant (Group) should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org