Job Vacancy Alert: Head, Retail Operations Nigeria - Lagos at a Multinational Retail Fashion/Textile Brand.
Our client is a Multinational textile company that produces and distributes fashion fabrics for the African market and African consumers globally. The company’s brands have become an essential part of African culture. Due to expansion, they now have an opening for a Head of Retail Operations, Nigeria to be based in Lagos.
The Head of Retail Operations is responsible for the retail operation and roll out based on the concept as developed by the Global Brand to aim for continuous vitality of the Brand's Retail Formula in Nigeria. She/he will steer and control all the Retail Stores in Nigeria including but not limited to sales, promotions, social media, sales tools, VM & pricing issues e.t.c in line with Country management strategy. She/he will be responsible for coordination of systems in the stores, such as budgeting systems, check out systems, retail software systems etc and managing of our brand portfolio within Nigeria. She/he will also be responsible for managing work streams between shops and facilitating departments (HRM, Warehouse, Logistics, Finance, Marketing) and ensure strong relationships with the head of departments.
- Management of the buildup of the assortment (width and depth) in product groups and services
- Make proposals for price setting of merchandise, including way of handling price off’s and overstocks
- Management of the general promotions over the retail chain
- Profile of shop manager and other shop personnel, defining service levels
- Checking results of shops in terms of consumer appreciation and in sales, and managing the flagship formula accordingly
- Analyzing sales figures and implementing KPI’s (Key performance indicators)
- Proposing changes to improve the business and the communication with headquarters
- Oversee retail assortment management to guarantee variety for proper Visual Merchandise
- Manage retail sales & operation Planning and ensure realized budget and latest estimate that gives the highest margin.
- Ensure sales plan alignment with assortment plan and consumer demand
- Advice Regional Director on retail trends and sales performance.
- Analyze retail prices monthly vs other local VACs vs 3rd party boutique prices
- Specification of location of new shops & ensuring OTIF execution of the stores.
- Minimum of 5 years Retail Operations and Management Experience.
- This constitutes relevant years of experience and does not include general work experience.
- Relevant experience MUST be from Retail Retail OR Lifestyle Categories.
- Commercial Expertise and In-depth Retail Management Experience.
- Clear passion for Fashion and the Creative Industry.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.
- Should be used to traveling quite often.
- Hands on manager, has real control on operations, quickly acting upon deviances
- Good analytical skills, good listener
- Deep understanding of retailing principles
- Good understanding of brand values and able to translate them in executional priorities
- Deep feeling how prestigious customers would like to experience a high fashion outlet
- Cost and profit conscious, practical and pragmatic, good project skills
- Excellent Leadership skills and attention to details
- Highly service Oriented
- Proven track record of driving sales performance and exceeding sales targets
- Computer literate with advanced experience of Microsoft Office applications(Word, Excel, Outlook and power point)& excellent presentation skills
- Proven track record in leading and working effectively with cross-functional team.
Only Candidates who match the Requirements and Competencies will be responded to.
Method of Application: Suitable applications should be mailed using a well detailed CV, tailored to fully reflect the JD, Requirements and Competencies.
Mail Address: email@example.com or CLICK HERE to apply on the web form.