Our client has diversified group of companies working globally in various fields of expertise (Production, Agro Allied Industry Energy, Trading and Construction) and combining the best experienced experts from all over the world alongside local highly qualified workers. They now have an opening in their Construction unit for a Quantity Surveyor with Project Management Background to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
The Quantity Surveyor will double as the Project Manager coordinating and overseeing all aspect of engineering project works, providing all necessary assistance to the construction team with respect to all surveying works and quantity measurement aspects for the projects.
- Carry out Quantity Surveying services
- Carry out Project Management/Supervision responsibilities
- The quantity surveyor is responsible for figuring out what a construction project is going to cost.
- Cost consulting, Cost estimating Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion
- Advise the Project Engineer and recommend actions concerning construction surveys.
- Effective forward workload planning and resource management
- Risk management and calculation
- Value determination
- Maintain the construction surveys and quantity records
- Attend to request for surveys
- Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum Asset capitalisation
- HND/B.Sc in Quantity Surveying/Project Management/Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years RELEVANT work experience
- Relevant experience includes: Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Construction and Civil Engineering engagements
- Proven CONSTRUCTION experience is a MUST
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or other relevant certification.
- Proven PROJECT PLANNING, MONITORING and EXECUTION experience is a MUST
- Ideal Candidate should be comfortable working without structure and eventually creating one
- Must be able to perform with very little supervision (Micromanagement Mentality is Unacceptable)
- Excellent knowledge of the Nigerian construction market.
- Statistical analysis knowledge is an asset.
- Experience handling Government Projects is a plus.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Well detailed CVs should be mailed to email@example.com on or before August 13, 2017.
- NOTE: No seperate portfolio should be mailed. Projects handled/Portfolio should be listed and highlighted on the CV only.
- Only suitable applicants would be responded to
- Mails without definitive headers (job title) will be ignored