Job Opportunity, Financial Controller
Our client is an independent oil servicing company with vast experience which cuts across several facets of the oil and gas industry, together with affiliations with a number of reputable multinational companies. They now have an opening for a Financial Controller in Lagos, Nigeria
• Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
• Responsible for: Finance Team
Overall Purpose of Job:
The Financial Controller will supervise, plan and co-ordinate the activities of a variety of finance and accounts services that includes general accounting, accounts payable payroll, treasury management, financial reporting, budgeting etc. The candidate will supervise and manage the company’s financial and accounting activities while also performing complex accounting analysis and accurate reporting of the company’s financial position.
Financial and Management Accounting
- To provide daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial information for management decision making at the appropriate time.
- Preparation of regular financial planning reports; monthly profit and loss forecast, cash flow and variance analysis
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
- Managing the organizational overhead cost controlling process
- Ensuring proper project cost controlling practices and performance reporting
- Perform all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Delivering management accounting reports (cost of goods sold, profitability, cost center etc)
- Management of all Tax and pension matters
- To ensure that all financial transactions are captured on SAP
- To coordinate audit, manage and support all external audit activities
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Prepare projections annually and update monthly with actual figures.
Treasury and Account Payables Management
- Management of the organizations bank accounts and banking relationships, ensuring that these relationships are of benefit to the organization.
- Management of the organizations cash flow planning and liquidity analysis
- To assist in sourcing for funds for company projects
- To provide a framework or basis for the review and control of expenditure
- Manage the process of all bank reconciliations and monthly financial reports
Credit and Receivables Management
- Supervise all customer/client billings in line with contracts.
- Establishing and managing relationships with counterpart finance & procurement managers of our clients to guarantee smooth operations and that all receivables are collected within the time frame in which they fall due.
- Managing credit/risk exposure to all its clients including credit risk analysis of potential sales opportunities.
- Driving collections process to ensure minimal debt portfolio
- Mentor and develop the team, manage work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation and building of an effective team dynamic.
- To ensure all team members midyear and year end appraisals are submitted within fifteen days in which they fall due
- To attend all management and other external meeting on due dates
- To provide a necessary platform for other members of the finance team to meet their performance objectives
- To initiate a new or improved idea every month
- Ensure all finance staff have job descriptions and performance objectives in the first month of the year for old staff and the end of induction for new staff
- Ensure all financial statements and tables are correct and precise.
- Project funds sourcing
- Budgeting, planning, monitoring and management.
- Funds Management
- Assets and Liabilities Management
- Creativity & Innovation, Team management.
- Relationship Management
- Career Management
- MS office proficiency; MS Word/ PowerPoint/ Excel
- Excellent verbal & Written Communication
- Strong analytical, organizational and negotiation skills
- Minimum of 10 years’ post - professional experience, at least 4 of which must be in management
- A good first degree.
- A second degree/ MBA is an added advantage
- Professional accreditation (ACA, ACCA)
- SAP ERP Savvy an added advantage.
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of business and office matters
- IFRS knowledge is essential
- Experience in developing accounting systems, processes, policies and procedures are essential