Experience: 5 Years Minimum
Our client is one of Nigeria’s leading Management Consulting Group offering professional and business advisory services to both multinational and reputable indigenous clients across all sectors.
The Conference Manager is a Senior Management position reporting directly to the CEO. S/He is responsible for the overall profitability of Conferences and Events organized in the purpose built 100 seater conference room targeted at C-level meetings, conferences, events and workshops. S/he will take full responsibility for the conceptualisation and execution of programmes and events from start to finish. From the beginning of a project to final reporting, this position requires that total satisfaction of the client is provided as well as enhancing the professional image of the company.
The ideal candidate for the position must demonstrate the ability to open a conference and give keynote speech with exceptional ability to multi-task and be responsible to clients.
Responsibilities include the following items:
- Manages conferences efficiently,effectively and with total quality control.
- Keeps up-to-date daily on the status of all his/her conferences and meetings and client relationships.
- Reviews incoming mail, messages and e-mails – delegates and resolves issues.
- Plans, monitors and reports on budgets as well as status for each conference.
- Manage client relationships to enhance the image of the company.
- Up-sells the Conference room and related products to produce future business.
- Assist with problem solving and conflict resolution when required.
- Assists in standardizing forms and procedures in the Conference Department.
- Writes proposals and responds to requests for proposals.
- Prepares timelines, critical path and monitors these activities throughout the duration of the project.
- Prepares and maintains the budget and all financial procedures.
- Must have full knowledge of complete duties pertaining to conference management as set out below:
- Audio-Visualand Multi Media Management
- Conference Sponsorship
- Exhibition Sales and Management
- Financial and Budget Management
- Full Logistical & Meeting Management
- Housing and Accommodation
- Interpretation and Simultaneous Translation Services
- Marketing, Promotion and Media Relations
- On-line Abstract Management
- Preand Post Conference tours
- Pre-conference,On-line and On-site registration
- Site Selection
- Speaker Management
- Special Events, Opening/Closing/Awards Ceremonies
- Minimum of a first degree in Business Administration/Management or related discipline
- Additional qualification would be anadded advantage
- 5+ years of experience in theconference management field managing groups/delegates required.
- Direct work in conference planningor special events
- Contract negotiations with vendors andhotel management
- Strong business acumen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word,Access and Excel
- Demonstrated excellence with verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to open conferences and deliver keynote speech
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and proposals
- Ability to plan and prepare budget, monitor cash flow and interprets financial statements
Forward an updated copy of your resume to email@example.com