Experience: 15 years
Job Field: Banking Finance / Accounting / Audit Insurance
- The Executive Director, Finance, Systems, and Investments will be responsible for managing the organisation’s strategic, financial management regulatory systems to ensure business integrity protect the organisation’s bottom line, and ensure sustainable growth and shareholders value creation.
- The role will manage and provide strategic leadership and oversight for the Investment, Systems, Finance, Corporate Planning, and Admin units.
- Design and implement strategies and mechanisms to safeguard the organisation’s financial assets
- Coordinate the proactive monitoring and reporting of budget positions of all the business departments and units
- Identify and analyse exposure, establish risk tolerance thresholds, and oversee the development of contingency plans or strategies to mitigate risk and the probability or severity of loss of investments
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organisation
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organisation
- Identify and establish funding sources, oversee the development of fund raising plans and write funding proposals to increase the funds of the organisation
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organisation's people, property, and finances, and implement measures to control risks
- Manage the organisation’s interface with relevant regulatory authorities and external auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements
- Drive the development of annual operating plans including operational plans and requirements, staffing and budgets that support the organisation’s strategic plan and overall business aspirations
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organisation's Programmes and services
- Manage Information technology projects and developments related to the selection, acquisition, development, installation and maintenance of major information systems
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies
- Minimum of First degree in any discipline
- MBA or Masters in related discipline is desirable
- Relevant and recognised professional certification and membership e.g. CIIN, CISA, ACA, ACCA, ICAN, or similar qualifications is required
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) to Eighteen (18) years relevant work experience of which 8 years must have been spent in a Leadership Management Position within the Insurance/Financial Services Sector.