VACANCY! - Deputy Chief Technology Officer
Position Title: Deputy-Chief Technology Officer
Line Manager: Chief Technology Officer
Type: Full time
Position Purpose: Together with the Chief Technology Officer, the Deputy Chief Technology Officer is responsible for guiding and managing the use and deployment of technology, including both strategic planning and operational delivery.
- The Deputy CTO assists the CTO in providing overall leadership for the Technology department, and serves in the CTO role when CTO is not available.
- Responsible for information technology planning, coordination, budgeting, and adherence to technical architecture; in addition to management and oversight of large-scale information technology initiatives in the Company.
- Responsible for the technical operations across the organization including strategy, architecture, software engineering, information technology and technology operations.
- Oversees the provision of IT services, and the overall technology direction within the company, in the delivery of services, as required.
- Performs periodic evaluation of the overall operational effectiveness of the IT services provided, and oversees the analysis of systems within the area of interest.
- Manages and organizes the workflow and resources to maximize customer services and operational efficiency.
- Prepares analytical reports, attends meetings of all levels, and adheres to transparency and performance-based budgeting principles and requirements.
- Must bring the ideas and innovations to life with a focus towards time-to-market
- Works with vendors, as applicable.
- Focuses on critical system upgrades, enhancements, and replacement to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s IT processes.
- Leads the team on Software Engineering principles.
- Responsible for guiding the Vision and evolution of the Company’s Product Line across different geographical regulations.
- Supervises the Quality Assurance of the products.
- Delivers an industry-standard product-line through re-engineering efforts.
- Responsible for the Information Security Certifications.
- Stays current in the latest relevant IT technologies and IT trends to give inputs to future product directions.
- Provides Roadmap and Targets for the Application Security and Infrastructure Security.
- Creates Project Plans
- Manages the Project from Initiation to Implementation
- Creates and Manages Post-Implementation Support Model.
- Manages Cost, Schedule and Quality of the Project.
- Holds the P&L accountability
- Holds the responsibility of Program Management model when the product spans multiple geographies.
- Manages the Information Security Agenda of the Organization
- Ideal candidate is a technology veteran, with over 15 years of hands on Application Development experience
- Versatile with strong DevOps skills incorporating server hosting and infrastructure for Enterprise systems
- Microsoft stack experience is nice to have
- Experience with large enterprise systems is critical
- ERP System or enterprise payment system type of software development experience is nice to have
- Experience with TDD, Agile, SDLC, and contemporary cloud platform options such as AWS, Azure, etc
- Experience with Analytics, Big data trends
- Experience with Mobile platforms
- Experience building a Creative Team is a plus