NOW HIRING! - Executive Leadership Position - Commercial
BBM Channel: C0048737B LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesazode Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/charlyazods
The Position Holder is primarily concerned with ensuring the integrated commercial success of the organization. The role will require a combination of strong technical solution selling skills with strong marketing, sales, and business development skills. The position holder will take ownership of the customer and the customer interface with the company’s product and service offering, making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives. The Position Holder will lead the customer experience & marketing, retail and marketplace teams in drafting, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions that will enable the company to achieve its long-term objectives.
- Leadership: Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure. Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the of the company’s overall business goals.
- Marketing: Lead development of the company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration and sales growth with a particular emphasis on cost-effective customer acquisition and market demand generation.
- Sales: Develop and implement the company’s sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to aggressive growth. Assess, build and manage an array of necessary channels capable of delivering on the company’s growth objectives. Lead sales channels to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Business Development: Develop a strategy and provide leadership for enterprise -wide business development opportunities. Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth
- Handle special assignments, do in-depth analysis, follow up on various files and work closely in concert with all members of the Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of his/her Business Area’s mission, goals and financial objectives. Develop long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance. Ensure systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the department.
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regard to all commercial functions including sales, retail, marketplace, marketing and customer experience.
- Manage sales operations organization, customer acquisition, and merchant acquisition to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop annual marketing plans per region and per market verticals.
- Manage sales pipeline to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain initiatives in order to achieve up to date competitive analysis portfolio.
- Develop annual and long term budgets for revenues as well as expenses.
- Develop and monitor quality metrics to ensure outstanding service and customer support.
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators.
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the company’s product portfolio.
- Develop and drive the pricing strategy of the organization
- Elaborate a rolling three (3) year product roadmap in conjunction with the New Product Introduction committee and lead its implementation
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the net promoter score of the business (NPS)
- Manage the customer experience processes to ensure every interaction between customers and the organisation
- At least 15 years of experience in an overall commercial/business function having held executive roles in recognized innovative organizations. Must have 5 years in Management and Executive Position
- Experience in a fast growth environment
- Experience of Nigerian Market, FMCG and E-Commerce
- Experience at working in a “performance based” environment in order to foster it within the team.
- Experienced at representing the commercial function at the Senior Leadership Committee, as well as being an active contributor.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Problem solving – Brings a problem solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- Agility – Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast growing publicly traded organization.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies
- Communication - Demonstrated skills in both written and oral presentations
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal negotiation skill
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding sales and marketing skills
- Hold a pertinent university degree
- MBA or equivalent experience